Mysterious Gunmen Kill Man At His Own Front Door

( According to investigators, a Philadelphia man was shot and killed early Thursday when he answered his front door, and two shooters opened fire.

According to FOX29 Philadelphia, the victim, a 33-year-old man, died inside his home in the 500 block of Marwood Road shortly after midnight.

According to authorities, two male suspects knocked on the victim’s door and began firing when he opened it.

After he opened the door, Philadelphia Chief Inspector Scott Small said he was shot. He retreated a few steps back inside the home and collapsed.

Responding officers discovered the man with gunshot wounds on his living room floor. Investigators found 11 bullet casings scattered inside and outside the house,

According to authorities, the victim was shot once in the chest and once in the right arm. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Two members of the victim’s family were inside the house when the shooting erupted, but neither was injured, according to police.

According to investigators, the suspects are thought to have departed in an SUV. Authorities are still looking into the matter.

Accessible police data shows that citywide homicides in Philadelphia were down 6% as of Wednesday, with 145 murders reported year-to-date compared to 154 the previous year.

However, according to police figures, citywide gunshot occurrences surged to 1,136 as of Sunday, a 3.37 percent rise year-to-date compared to the 1,099 shooting events registered during the same period in 2021.

Last week, in Philadelphia, two individuals posing as police officers performed a home invasion that resulted in a fatal gunshot when the victim turned the tables on the suspects.

Police were summoned to the 7200 block of Battersby Street in Mayfair just after 10 p.m. Sunday for a report of a gunshot.

A 25-year-old male had just arrived home at his duplex.

He walked up the steps to his front door after parking his car in a back driveway when two individuals accosted him.

According to authorities, at least one person was equipped with a gun and wore a phony police badge around his neck. He stated that he was a police officer.

The two men then forcibly entered the resident’s home and demanded money.

They bound his hands behind his back with zip ties and threatened to murder him if he moved too quickly.

According to police chief Scott Small, the 25-year-old victim was able to free his hands and grab a gun from his pocket.

The victim fired several shots toward the men, striking the police impersonator three times. One fled the scene. Another was taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

All of this in the city of “Brotherly Love.”