(PresidentialInsider.com)- After being off-air for several weeks, popular Fox News anchor Neil Cavuto has returned to our screens on Monday.
During his “Cavuto: Coast to Coast” show, the Fox host revealed that he had been in hospital suffering from a severe case of COVID-19. Cavuto, who suffers from multiple sclerosis and who has previously recovered from cancer, is immunocompromised and suffered particularly severe symptoms from the virus.
Cavuto tweeted a clip of his show, announcing to his viewers that he had a “far, far more serious strand” of COVID that his doctors called “COVID pneumonia.”
Neil is back! pic.twitter.com/WgDJm0OU5Z
— Neil Cavuto (@TeamCavuto) February 21, 2022
“I did get COVID again, but a far, far more serious strand, what doctors call COVID pneumonia…it landed me in intensive care for quite a while and it was really touch and go,” he said.
Cavuto also noted how he had received some quite nasty comments on his social media, including some people wishing death upon him.
“Some of you who’ve wanted to put me out of my misery darn near got what you wished for!” he joked. “So sorry to disappoint you.”
Cavuto explained how, being immunocompromised, he had a particularly bad experience with the virus. He also insisted that the doctors told him that had he not taken the COVID-19 vaccine, he “wouldn’t be here.”
While the vaccine didn’t prevent him from contracting the virus entirely, he said that it did provide some defense – something that is particularly useful for people who are more vulnerable to the virus.
Cavuto had a smile on his face throughout and was pleased to be back behind his desk and on our screens, and joked that it was a “Ponderosa suddenly out of the prime rib in the middle of the buffet line scary!” experience.
He had been off the air since January 11, and Fox News chose not to inform viewers about his condition during that time. In October last year, Cavuto also disappeared from the airwaves as he battled his first COVID-19 infection.