FBI Says “No Threat” After Mysterious Letter Sent To Attorney

(PresidentialInsider.com)- According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), letters delivered on Tuesday to the State Attorney’s Office for the Fourth Judicial Circuit in Downtown Jacksonville were taken to a laboratory to be analyzed. There was a suspicious flaky substance on them.

According to the incident report, three letters were sent to State Attorney Melissa Nelson and two of her prosecutors.

The letters had no return address and contained “suspicious writings” in addition to the unknown substance.

The substance got on the arm of a mailroom employee who opened one of the letters. He and another employee were quarantined, and the building’s air conditioning was turned off.

The Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department dispatched its hazmat team, and investigators stated that no one was allowed to leave the building until they identified the substance. At approximately 6:45 p.m., a spokesperson for the State Attorney’s Office confirmed that employees were permitted to leave; however, details regarding the nature of the substance were not immediately available.

JFRD reported that its team had collected samples for testing, but the preliminary findings were inconclusive, so a sample was rushed to the laboratory of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

Eric Prosswimmer, a spokesperson for the JFRD, stated that in the interim, first responders took every precaution to ensure the safety of the people who were inside the building.

Prosswimmer explained that they turned off the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system in the entire building so that the mold would not spread throughout the whole structure.

The FBI issued a statement saying that the preliminary laboratory results have concluded that there was no biological threat detected. The mess left behind has been cleaned up. They said that because this is an ongoing investigation by the federal government, they cannot provide any further information at this time.

Sarah Srohmetz, who works in the building, remarked that the occupants were relieved not to be on lockdown. They made a brief announcement in which they told everyone, “You are free to leave now and have a wonderful evening.”

The JFRD caused the surrounding streets to be blocked off for several hours.